There might not be any fountain of youth but the way you take care of yourself can prevent age lines from showing. Processed food, toxins and stress accelerate aging. You need all the help from the right nutrients to fight the damages that have been caused on your skin and health.
If you are a health conscious person then follow these ways to get your body, skin and health on track:
- Have plenty of water: Water is the best therapy. Your body stops working well even if there is a small percentage of dehydration. Water helps flush out toxins from the body which is essential for your skin and health, both.
- Eat healthy: Nutrients and antioxidant rich food provide immunity from diseases making your overall health better. Blueberries, Spinach, Nuts and Seeds, Dark Chocolate, Green Tea, Raspberries, Acai Berries, Pomegranates are amongst a few must haves. Have organic food to avoid harmful chemicals building up in your body. Vitamin C produces more collagen, causing fewer wrinkles. Fats can be good too. Olive oil, flax seeds, nuts and fish provide fats that make skin look youthful.
- Rainbow plate: This is a good way to balance the nutrients intake. Make your plate colorful with nutrient rich foods that neutralizes the damage to the cells. Concentrate on the missed colors and include them in the next meal.
- Limited sun exposure: UV rays from sun exposure can cause from skin burns to cancer. But a small amount of exposure during early morning produces Vitamin D in the body. For the rest of the day use a good sunscreen when stepping out.
- Natural skin product: Use products that are made of natural ingredients. Harsh chemicals will provide only short term skin and health care benefits.
- Low toxins: Remember, that the products you use have low toxin level too, because skin absorbs toxins. High levels of toxins reduces the glow on the skin and leads to aging faster.
- Exercise: Smile is the best exercise for the face. For a healthy body, even 20 minutes of exercise everyday provides better circulation of oxygen and absorption of nutrients increases.
- Zzzzzz: An open secret is that skin rejuvenates and repairs itself while you are sleeping. Look and feel fresh by indulging in sleeping for at least 8 hours.
- Release stress: High stress levels cause skin to age sooner. Yoga and meditation help in maintaining good health and skin glow.
- Cleanse your body: Not just bathing but cleaning your body by removing toxins helps build energy. Give yourself a break, take a vacation and indulge in a good body care regime while at it.