Winters are the best time for fitness freaks to enjoy a great workout and feel the heat from within. So what if you are amongst those that do not like the winters very much? In that case this is the perfect time to take that sun-soaked holiday. There are some amazing fitness retreats that offer a comfortable winter holiday and takes care of all your fitness and exercising needs at the same time. You can choose a hill or a sea side destination which offers multitudes of fitness related activities. Go for a trek to a hill station or a run on the beach first thing in the morning to warm those ligaments up, a good swim, a game of volley ball or football and amazing company can all be a part and parcel of your fantastic journey.
This is a list of 5 amazing escapes that you can take when you don’t want to be around for the rest of that gloomy winter:
- Costa Rica – Fun filled beaches and loads of young, fun people make this a hot winter destination. You can create your own regime around the beach or opt for a hotel that has a pre-determined schedule that you can take.
- Dominican Republic – This is a popular destination for the working class population since it helps relieve the built stress and tension. You can soak in morning and evening sessions of workouts which will not only help build those muscles stronger but also helps meditating along the poolside or the palm tree lined costal area.
- Napa Valley – A very popular destination, this is a gorgeous place with a great view. A good thing about a Napa Valley vacation is that it can easily be centered around friends, family and food. Make sure that you balance the workout and the social activities.
- The Caribbean – Anyone who has already been there will let you know how important a Caribbean experience is for anyone interested in fitness. The coasts offer a scenic getaway which is much better than working out in the gym, any day!
- Sacred Valley – Located in Peru, this can be a fun-filled winter vacation that offers many fitness regime options. Join morning meditation, evening massage and night time walking trails to get the most out of the place. Since it is more of a reflective journey, you will enjoy it most either with just your partner or even by yourself.
Share it on: