Every New Year, resolutions to lose weight, gain body strength and develop a strong core are made and forgotten. But what if someone were to tell you that doing all of the above will take you less than 20 minutes a day. Yes it is equivalent to the time that is spent doing absolutely nothing in the day. Imagine building your abs and to strengthen your core, you need only 20 minutes a day! With a strong core you are able to achieve many other fitness related goals because your overall sense of balance and stability will become better.
Planning to lose all that extra weight, then start by strengthening your abs first. Try these ab exercises which are not as strenuous as crunches yet give you fab results!
- Dynamic Plank: In a push up position keep your elbows bent for better support. Form a straight line from your ankles to shoulders and contract your rib cage and abs. Relax, go back to a regular push up position and repeat 3 to 5 times every day.
- Inverted V Knee Up: Make a triangle with the floor as the base and your body as the remaining two sides. Bend the left knee slightly and pull the right leg back straight. Hold. Bring the leg back and repeat with other foot.
- Mountain Climbing: In a push up position bring your right knee towards your left shoulder. Repeat with other leg.
- Inverted V to Plank: Move from the dynamic plank position to the inverted V position, without the extension of the legs in the air. Repeat 5 to 10 times.
- Right Plank: Lie down on one side and prop up using your elbow. Crunch your abs in and hold as long as you can. Repeat with other side.
- Plank Jack: From a dynamic plank position, bring both your knees to one side of your hands with a slight jump. Go back to starting position and repeat on the other side.
- Horse Stance: On all fours with space between the two arms and feet, lift left arm and right leg up so they are in line with the floor. Crunch your abs and bring the limbs back after holding for some time. Repeat with other side.
Although these exercises are quick and don’t need any equipment, make sure that you have warmed up enough before working out. Having an exercise partner will help too.
Happy toned body!
Share it on: