You would have noticed a thin layer of yellowish substance on your teeth and gums. This is known as plaque. It is formed by the bacteria in the mouth mixing with proteins and other food products. When not washed off immediately and thoroughly it forms a sticky yellow lining. It is relatively easy to remove and can be sorted with the use of a good toothpaste and better oral hygiene. But if left by itself it will change into tartar, which is harder than plaque and much more difficult to get rid of as well.
Everybody likes a shiny smile with pearly whites visible beneath the surface. Plaque and tartar just ruin your smile! Plus your teeth start to decay sooner because of these issues. If you have been facing plaque and tartar related problems then keep on reading for its remedies:
- Dabur Herb’l Salt and Lemon Toothpaste: Regular brushing with Dabur Herb’l Salt Lemon Toothpaste, which contains the natural extracts of Lemon and Salt, helps to remove plaque and tartar resulting in whitening of teeth! Lemons are rich in vitamin C and have bleaching property that helps to get rid of the yellow discoloration. Salt restores the lost minerals in the teeth. It is also a natural abrasive; think of it as a scrub for your teeth!
- A Soft Bristle Brush: Remember, brushing the plaque out is the best treatment. Go for the hard to reach spots, brush twice a day with a soft bristle brush which is the correct size for your mouth. Remember to not brush vigorously as it could actually damage the gums, root surface, and protective tooth enamel.
- Electronic Brushes: They have been said to be more effective in removal of plaque.
- Antiseptic Mouthwash: Use a mouthwash not just for fresh breath but also to help control the bacterial build up in the mouth.
- Diet: So many things go back to a good diet. Eating healthy can help with mouth, skin and hair related problems. Make sure to avoid sticky food items. If you are to indulge then rinse or even better, brush after the meal.
- Quit Smoking: A good lifestyle starts with good habits. No doctor will promote smoking and quitting it will definitely help prevent plaque and tartar build up in your mouth.
Although removal of plaque is possible through the above steps, if it does form into tartar then you will need professional help to get rid of it.
Prevention is so much better than cure!
Share it on: